Friday 18 October 2013

There's always room for hot cocoa

I feel as I have somehow jinxed the weather in Durban due to my boasts about the sunshine returning. The sunshine is a fickle mistress who has been once again been replaced by the ominous clouds and cooler temperatures this week. I must admit though,I still quite enjoy the soothing repetitions of the rain at times and the chance to catch up on all my TV shows ( crime shows are my guilty pleasure, at the moment I'm hooked on Bones and Castle) as well as reading my favourite books. I wish I could tell you that I ensnare my mind with the classics such as Jane Eyre and The Art of War but it's James Patterson all the way and perhaps a cheffy biography. As wine is a perfect match to cheese, so is delicious hot chocolate to a good book. I'm not talking about the watered down drivel that comes out of a generic hot chocolate mix, but the rich unctuous one made with dark chocolate and full cream milk. Once you have made this version, the former will be but a ghost of hot chocolates past in your mind.
Here is my recipe for the ultimate hot chocolate



Ingredients:

400ml full cream milk
1/2 cup of dark belgian chocolate ( any dark chocolate will do the trick)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp brown sugar
mini marshmallows

yields two glorious cups of cocoa

Method:

In a small pot put all the ingredients besides the marshmallows. Heat on a medium heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is piping hot.
Scatter with little marshmallows and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you darling reader's have any foodie thoughts or questions please let me know!