Tuesday 31 January 2012

Bellevue- A great dining spot

 After the chaos of the working week and the early morning market on Saturday's, I wake up on Sunday morning feeling slightly refreshed from my lie in until 7:00 am (pretty impressive right?)  and the perusal of the newspapers. The  Pièce de résistance of my Sunday mornings however is a trip to Bellevue in Kloof.
It is a gem in a pile of substandard restaurants in the highway area.
The first tick in the box is their coffee's. I am really starting to get into drinking espresso's and the crema on the espresso is perfect. Their latte's and cappuccino's are pretty darn good too.

The main attraction however is their eggs Benedict, which is an absolute treat. The eggs are perfectly poached and the hollandaise sauce is sublime.
Other breakfasts I have tried include scrambled eggs with a hint of truffle with bacon, Parmesan and rocket on sourdough, really tasty!
The food and coffee is most certainly a strong factor in a restaurant but Bellevue also possesses something that is hard to acquire, that is ambiance. It just feels relaxed and is child friendly too without being overtly so.

I am harping on about their breakfasts but they also do amazing lunches, tea's and dinner's too. Do yourself a favour and try the calamari salad, best calamari I have ever eaten and the salad isn't just supplemented with lettuce, it has a good balance of lettuce to calamari .
So if you, like myself are constantly looking for good restaurants in the highway area, Bellevue should be your first stop.
Happy dining! x


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you darling reader's have any foodie thoughts or questions please let me know!