Wednesday 30 November 2011

Jooma- a new kind of coffee shop

I have been a Kloofian for a while now and have frequented the same coffee shops for what seems like an eternity. So imagine my delight when I discovered Jooma a new coffee shop in Village Rd, Kloof.
This is a coffee shop with a difference, you order at the counter, so no waiting around for a waiter to serve you. You are the proactive participant in this piece, which is quite refreshing.

All the coffee favourite are on the menu as well as some delightful baked treats displayed in a beautiful window with chalkboard labels to give it a continental touch.
I opted for the latte and a bacon & mozzarella muffin. I must say I was not disappointed, the coffee was the perfect balance for me. Not too milky or too strong. I am a relatively new coffee connoisseur. I only bought myself a one cup coffee plunger about two weeks ago! Terrible I know but tea was my tipple before discovering the wonders of good coffee.

The muffin was good, it had no hint of that horrible raising agent taste some coffee shop muffins have. My only slight criticism is that  I would have loved a little more bacon but that's just me. I also enjoyed the addition of onions, which in my opinion makes anything a more pleasurable eating experience.

Another great achievement by Jooma is their staff. They are knowledgeable, capable in their coffee making craft and helpful to their customers. This was highlighted by the fact that my sister is gluten intolerant and we asked one of the staff members if they had anything gluten free, unfortunately they didn't at the time but are really looking into gluten free items for those that can't enjoy a muffin as I did.

So if you fancy a different kind of coffee shop experience, pop into Jooma. Let me know what you think!
Until the next delicious dalliance.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you darling reader's have any foodie thoughts or questions please let me know!