Wednesday 9 November 2011

Quo- A restaurant that has restored the status quo (Sorry to be punny)


 As I said in my first blog, I shall name and shame poor restaurants but also shall I applaud the great ones. After venting my frustrations this morning, I decided to pop out for breakfast when my started grumbling from the absence of dinner last night.
So off I popped to Quo in the Gillitts centre, Kloof. It truly is a hidden gem. On the outisde, the centre looks like any other centre but as you walk through, you discover a beautiful quad with stunning tree's and a soothing fountain to add to the ambience of the place.
The indoor seating at Quo is also tastefully done, with orchids in wooden boxes aligned on the walls and a beautiful light teal to set the mood.
We opted to seat outside in the sunshine and cool breeze of the day. You have to love those type of days, when the weather is just right. As soon as we sat down, there was a warm, friendly waitress eager to serve us. I ordered a tea and my mother ordered a cappucino ( She is addicted to cappucino,
without a decent cup at least once a day she is not her happy self)
The waitress merrily went about getting our beverages sorted, while the owner popped by our table to make sure everything was fine. Such a lovely chap.
Feeling rather whimsical I ordered an omelette (Which I haven't ordered in years as I am always dissapointed with the quality of omelettes in restaurants) and my mother had poached eggs with bacon.

 As you can see by my rather impressive blackberry camera pics, the food was awesome! There was sincerity in the plating and the flavours were great!
I perused their menu to see what they offer for light meals and mains and it all sounds great. Fresh salads, salmon pate's and asian inspired fillets really do tempt me to go back again and try something different everytime!
That is when you know that a restaurant is special, when you want to try different things instead of sticking to the same old stuff you always eat in fear that you may be vastly dissapointed.

I would love to hear all about the restaurants you love to go to, I am on a culinary crusade to find good restaurants.

I wish you all foodie delights.

Foodie out x


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you darling reader's have any foodie thoughts or questions please let me know!