Friday 11 November 2011

"Zucchini I hardly knew him, Camembert on the other hand"

Everyone has heard of the old wives tale that cheese gives you nightmares if you eat it late in the day. I can not believe that we could live in a world where something as special and delicious as cheese could be anything but good.However, cheese did interuppt my sleep on wednesday night, along with a fericous storm banging and clapping away at two in the morning.
But cheese was not the evil culprit the old wives have said, instead I had beautiful dreams of aisles of creamy camembert, bountiful brie and sharp as a razor roquefort.
Perhaps it was the tri-alliance of all these delectable dairies that made me wake up with a craving to make chicken stuffed with camembert and cranberry, wrapped in cripsy streaky back bacon. Some zucchini/ baby marrows/courgettes could join the party too ( Why does that vegetable have so many darn names?), and potatoes cooked in lashings of butter (Perhaps not lashings, gotta keep the cholestrol in check) to complete the meal.

How I made my dreams a reality was rather simple really. I took some succulent chicken breasts, made an inscision in the fillet and stuffed camembert and cranberry jelly in the crevice. I then wrapped it in bacon to try keep as much cheesy goodness locked away.
Pop the chicken in an 180 degree celcius oven for twenty minutes.

For the potatoes I simply sliced them rather thickly ( don't worry about peeling them), I then parboiled them followed by sauteing them in butter, oil and lots of salt and pepper.


Sometimes zucchini's can be rather boring but they have so much potential! Using the correct seasonings and additions, it can be one glorious vegetable. In this instance all I did was heat a pan with a bit of olive oil, fry two cloves of garlic for 30 seconds. Then add the zucchini, which has been sliced at a slight angle to look a little but poncy ( But poncy can be fun!)
Season the zucchini with salt and pepper as well as a tablespoon of fresh thyme. Just before it is ready, add the juice of half a lemon, just to give it some zinginess.

Then the best part has arrived, put everything on a plate and enjoy the fruits of your labour!

Foodie out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you darling reader's have any foodie thoughts or questions please let me know!